YOUTH PRE-CONFERENCE -- WORKSHOP REGISTRATIONS
The Leader Every global, national or local fight needs a leader, someone that has vision, knows how to take a movement forward and what we need to reach a large audience and mobilize them to get engaged in our fight. This house will teach you as our next leader, to define your goals and become an inspirational and effective leader.
- Leadership & HIV prevention among marginalized young people
- Meaningful Youth Participation
- Effective leadership
The Campaigner The global fight against HIV/AIDS requires not only ourselves to have vision and know what we want to change, we need to reach a large audience and mobilize them to get engaged in our fight and it is essential to develop products that are supported by a broader public or community and thus reaching out to those is necessary. This house will teach you how to use campaigns in the fight against HIV/AIDS and promoting comprehensive sexual education, and skills on guiding such outreach.
- People Powered Campaign
- Shifting the lens: New strategies toward mobilizing MSM- and TG- youth for enhanced HIV service delivery and outreach
- Youth and Movement Building: How young people can co-create movements
The Co-creator When aiming to change norms, policies or campaigns, it is essential to develop products that are supported by a broader public or community and thus reaching out to those is necessary. This house will give you skills on guiding such outreach by learning about brainstorming, receiving feedback and co-creating. You will then be able to help your peers identify and narrow down a problem and turn this into a solution or product.
- Tools for Co-creation and Design Thinking
- Co-creating the future with the use of technology
- Use of Social Media in the fight against HIV
The Lobbyist Influencing policy and decision makers and obtaining funding for your cause is an important step in our fight against HIV and AIDS. What are the best practises for getting funding, and where do we look for them? This house will focus on strengthening your skills to help steer policy and decision makers in the right direction.
- Strategy Development and Public Affairs
Public Affairs Academy
- Keeping Policy Makers Accountable in the UN Advocacy Arena
- Budget Advocacy: Lobbying for funds
Youth Lead, Youth Rise, GNYP+
The Manager In order to make a visionary movement productive and effective, it is essential to organize ourselves. In this house, we will discuss how to scale up ideas to movements to effective organizations and how to manage these effectively and durably.
- Effective Management: Setting up and running an organisation effectively
GNP+ & partners
- READY+ Project: From a project to a movement
- Project management: Promising practices of youth led program
The Activist While progressing in our global fight against HIV/AIDS, human rights remain of critical importance, especially to those groups that not everywhere accepted and protected by law. This house will address human rights issues that are most present these days, among which sex workers, transgenders and LGBTIQ+, and how to best improve their rights.
- Changing the Rules: How can young people challenge laws and policies that deny women and girls their reproductive rights?
- Trans rights: Punitive laws & access to health care
Ministry of Health - Brazil
- Demanding your place: International rights for young sex workers
The Advocate Advocacy platforms are growing globally, which comes with substantial successes but also pitfalls. What can we learn from other countries, and how should advocacy strategies be adapted in different regions or when dealing with different (religious) leaders? In this house we will share experiences from established advocacy platforms to become more effective in our effort ourselves.
- Effective community engagement and translating high-level advocacy messages to reach youth organizations in the SRHR World
Amsterdam Youth Force, International Youth Alliance for Family Planning
- Tackling the Obstacles in Advocacy: A youth perspective
- The Fact-Finding Matrix: Enabling Youth to hold their Governments Accountable to International Human Rights Obligations
Shama Abbasi, Jindal Global Law School, India
The Gender Specialist: Women and those who identify as such play an important role in the global fight against HIV/AIDS, however the current approach is insufficient and male dominance is still ubiquitous. This house will empower women on sexual equality, bodily autonomy and gender sensitive policy making.
- Equal chances and rights
- Phenomenal woman: Sexual safety and bodily autonomy
Uganda Youth Coalition on Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health Rights
- Women Leadership and Participation in the HIV Response/Women and Girls
Athena, Nalwanga Resty Tendo
The Peer Counselor Coping with a positive HIV diagnosis can be very challenging, especially when experiencing stigma. Talking to peers that have gone through the same process and that understand your situation can be an important addition to services provided by health care workers. This will empower those facing (self-)stigma to eventually become a peer counselor yourself
- Bridging the virtual and real: LGBTQ e-support groups for stronger health- and rights-focused outreach
- Faith and Support - Religion as a tool for Peer Counselling
Collaboration with the Interfaith Pre-conference
The Peer Educator Peer to peer education remains one of the most effective ways of spreading knowledge, fighting ignorance and stigma. This house will cover what is takes to become a peer educator with sufficient skills to update your knowledge based on accurate online information
- "What's eating everyone's noodle?"- a mental health workshop for youth peer-educators
- Tackling challenges faced by adolescents living with and affected by HIV: An EECA perspective
- "No Sex Before Marriage!" - A dialogue between youth and religious leaders
The SRHR specialist Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights is an important topic that is closely related to the fight against HIV/AIDS. Even more so is the receiving (and thus giving) of comprehensive sexual education. This house will engage the audience in the global challenges around sexual taboo and sexual consent, and how these relate to HIV prevention.
- Effective family planning and HIV programming for youth: A matter of human rights and key to economic development.
International Youth Alliance for Family Planning
- Tools for Comprehensive Sexual Education
Right Here Right Now
- Youth friendly services, safe and legal abortion
Right Here Right Now
The Medical Specialist Medical professionals that have specialized in HIV/AIDS healthcare will be facing PLHIV that may experience (self-) stigma and struggle with accepting their lifelong dependency on ART. How can we improve our healthcare to this particular group of people where it is of even greater importance to gain their trust, stimulate an open conversation without taboos, while still explaining the importance of ART and compliance? This house will be full of do's and don'ts for health care workers around PLHIV.
- Do’s and don’ts in service provision to adolescent and young people living with HIV
- Drug compliance: strategies for stimulating and improving drug adherence
Amsterdam Youth Force
- Take care of YOURSELF! Support for self-initiated interventions for SRHR
The Prevention Specialist The use of drugs to enhance sexual experiences is an upcoming trend that when becoming excessive can lead to problematic situations with a high risk of HIV infection. This house will zoom in on the problematic aspect of this trend in a non-judgmental fashion, and will cover how best to approach these issues and how to reduce harm and prevent new HIV infections while empowering people to make their own choices.
- Be Prepared: Workshop on PrEP
Mater Misericordiae Hospital, Nigeria
- Young people who use drugs: an EECA perspective on preventing HIV transmission
The Pharmacist Science is making progress and drugs have become available to suppress HIV, however many hurdles have to be overcome to make these drugs available to anyone and everyone that needs them. This house will go in-depth into the processes of medicine logistics and accessibility in various parts of the world, from pharmaceutical companies to local pharmacies.
- Medicine Logistics
Platform for Supply Chain Management
- Access to medicine: the role of intellectual property management
Universities Allied for Essential Medicine